Thursday, September 11, 2008

Coco and Chuck

My freshman year at BYU, the course of events in my life changed in an extremely drastic manner. I met Charles Rogers, a person who I like to call Chuck. Before too long we became friends and I soon discovered his distinct creativity. He listened to bands I'd never heard of. He read magazines that I had never seen. The thing that most impressed me about him was his ability to honestly and without reserve express his opinion on any given subject, regardless of how controversial it actually might be. His expressive ability taught me a lot about not caring what others think. In this sense Chuck has always been fearless. He was a rebel-doing things his own way. For example one time in particular I remember how Chuck wore children-like green pants with miniature St. Bernards. Not anybody can do that. It takes guts and Chuck's got guts. He's ahead of the game. He's exceptionally creative and he could definitely harness this talent to his future benefit. More than anything Chuck taught me to lighten up and take life less seriously. He taught me have more self confidence and not place emphasis on what other people think. Basically what I'm saying is that Chuck is a really cool guy.

No comments: